On 7 June 2020 the Annual General Meeting for the Sathya Sai College was held in which a video presentation highlighting the continued growth of the school was shown. The video showed how the school the development of the school is progressing leaps and bounds and captures the essential role that volunteers from the Sathya Sai International Organisation (SSIO) have played in helping its development. The areas of growth of the school was presented by the Sathya Sai College principal Cal Atkins.
The key points that the Principal highlighted during her talk are:
- Sathya Sai College has continued to expand to include a new Year 11 class this year.
- There is a high demand for enrolment at the school with enrolment applications exceeding the availability in the campus.
- The Sathya Sai High School is continuing to gain interest in the local community. The Year 7 class for 2019 was the first year which started attracting enrolments from outside the Sathya Sai Primary School
- Since the school has received accreditation for stage 6, it has had a very positive impact in attracting community interest in applying to this school.
- High level of maintenance undertaken in the high school and the primary school which has had a very positive impact on the school.
- There has been a continuation of expansion of the infrastructure at the high school:
- An existing shed has been refurbished to be converted into an industrial technology room.
- The room used for English classes has had the asbestos in the ceiling removed and has been renovated and reconstructed. Airconditioning and ceiling fans were also installed.
- An outdoor gym was installed as part of the Physical Education program and for gym and recess activity.
- The room allocated to be a music room has had all of its asbestos in the ceiling removed and is now considered to be one of the nicest rooms in the school.
- 24 state of the art computers were donated to the school last year. These computers have now been installed in at IT room that is used for a Computer Assisted Design courses. The school has also received a donation of a 3D printer which the students have been very excited about.
- The Sathya Sai High School had an installation of the NBN fibre optic cable. Prior to this the internet at the high school was too slow.
- Installation of a school fence around the perimeter of the high school.
- NAPLAN results from the Sai School in 2019 were so impressive that it was published in the local news paper. Primary school campus was ranked 3rd highest achieved within the Tweed shire. Dungay campus was ranked 6th highest in the Tweed shire.
- Sathya Sai School was awarded with the People’s Choice Award for Sustainability practice. Provide by people, school community and the shire for the school’s efforts towards sustainability.
The video concluded with some heart felt reflections from staff and students. The Physical Education teacher at the school gave his heartfelt thanks to the Sathya Sai Organisation and its members who contributed generously in providing state of the art facilities at the school, most notably the connection of the NBN fibre optic cable at the school recently. The school captains of the High School spoke about the positive influence the concept of human values have had in their lives and the caring and nurturing environment which Sathya Sai College has provided to undertake their learning. Practices such as silent sitting was also identified as beneficial concepts that they learnt in the school. The captains of the Sathya Sai Primary School also spoke about the positive influence the school has had on them and said that coming to the school has transformed them as a person. The students also expressed their heartfelt gratitude to the teachers and staff of the school particularly for their support during the challenging online learning period during COVID-19.
The video summary showcased that through the hard work and dedication of the teachers and staff, the continuous support from SSIO and its members, and the divine Grace of Swami the Sathya Sai School in Murwillumbah and Dungay continues to shine brighter and brighter as a beacon of hope for the next generation.