Sri Sathya Sai International Organisation
Young Adults subcommittee
Serve the Planet
SSE H.E.L.P Initiative Overview
In 2017–2018, over 700 children from across the globe enthusiastically engaged in the inaugural Serve the Planet (STP) Sai Spiritual Education (SSE) Initiative – H.E.L.P: ‘Heal the Environment- Love the Planet’, launched in 2017. Their contributions were displayed at the very first Go Green Conference in Prasanthi Nilayam between 25–27 July 2018.
The children created beautiful works of art, thoughtful posters, videos, poems, and essays, with the support of their family, teachers, schools, and centres. These were submitted electronically to the STP subcommittee. The entries were collated and were shown digitally as well as in print at the Go Green Conference Exhibition.
The STP subcommittee is very pleased to share the following contents with all:
- A wonderful video showcasing the highlights of the STP SSE Initiative is available online for inspiring everyone to continue to H.E.L.P.: ‘Heal the Environment- Love the Planet’.
- An educational resource to view and download the children’s entries can be accessed at the webpage provided below in order to watch full length videos, read essays/poems and view images of children’s drawings, paintings, 3D models, and service activities. The links to access the above-referenced items are available on the Sathya Sai International Organisation website.
Go Green Conference Exhibition
A snapshot of the colourful artwork created by the children was displayed during the Go Green Conference Exhibition.
The exhibition included a digital display encompassing a selection of the 200+ entries of videos, poems, essays and poster submissions highlighting the children’s:
- Understanding of the STP topics for 2017–2018: Plastic, Water, Food, and Energy
- Practice of Sathya Sai Baba’s ‘Ceiling on Desires’ programme as a personal sadhana
- Participation in service activities undertaken at home, within the Sathya Sai Centre and community.
The Satsang Hall (Double Decker) Building which hosted the exhibition in Prasanthi Nilayam was visited by Go Green Conference delegates and was also open to the public on Guru Poornima Day (27 July 2018). The attendees appreciated the dedication of all those involved with the exhibition.
Green Hub Speakers
On the evening of Day 1 of the Go Green Conference, two young SSE students spoke at the exhibition ‘Green Hub’ space.
Mstr. Aaditya from Houston, USA and Mstr. Sainath from Abu Dhabi, UAE spoke passionately and with full confidence in front of a rapt audience about their innovative experiment (Eco-friendly Bio-filters) and prototype (Marine Robot Cleaner), respectively. Both experiments aimed to provide environmental solutions for the future and more importantly showcased the ingenuity of inspired young minds who are leading the way in helping the environment.
To recognise the children’s wonderful work and participation in the STP H.E.L.P Initiative, a ‘Certificate of Recognition’ is being awarded to each child and group who lovingly sent in a submission. The certificates will be shared via the Zone Chair or National Council President.
The STP subcommittee expresses its heartfelt gratitude to everyone who supported the H.E.L.P Initiative and encouraged participation within their centres and countries. . We aim to create additional resources and projects for children and would be pleased to hear from interested SSIO members, Sathya Sai Young Adults, students and teachers in order to shape these ideas. If you are interested to assist the STP subcommittee, please get in touch with us via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bal Vikas (now called “Sai Spiritual Education”) is the primary basis of the great movement to restore Dharma (a spiritual way of life) in the world. It is raising a generation of boys and girls who have clean and clear consciousness (and) … the creation of an atmosphere where noble habits and ideals can grow and fructify. – Sathya Sai Baba (Divine Discourse: 6 June 1978)